This article outlines the recommended method to properly align the centers of the headstock and tailstock on your (NOVA) lathe if it has a movable headstock. This procedure will work on the following lathes:
- NOVA 1624-44 (Discontinued)
- NOVA DVR XP (Discontinued)
- NOVA DVR 2024 (Discontinued)
- NOVA 1624 II
- NOVA DVR Galaxi
- NOVA DVR Saturn
For this procedure you will need a NOVA Acruline 2MT Alignment Lathe Accessory: (NOVA Acruline 2MT Accessory pictured, find retailers/sales by searching: NOVA 2MTNA)
- loosen alignment plates (part #17), by loosening the hex bolts (part #18)
- bring the quill (part #1) out approximately 3"
- add the NOVA Acruline to the quill
- slowly slide the tailstock to the headstock until the NOVA Acruline fits both the headstock and the tailstock
- tighten the alignment plates (part #17)
- at this point the tailstock and headstock are aligned
- pull apart, and remove the NOVA Acruline.
If that doesn't work, here's an alternate procedure: