Can the table height adjuster handle on the Nova Vulcan be installed on the left hand side of the column?
Modified on: Wed, 4 Sep, 2019 at 1:13 PM
The table can definitely be swapped as this will be a pro to him but there will be some cons in this swap. It will take some wrenching for sure.
1. Remove the headstock.
2. Detach the table, and table arm.
3. Remove top ring
4. Remove the up/down piece
5. Place gears on the opposite side
6. Flip up/down mechanism to align with gears on left side (this will make up and down opposite when lowering and raising table)
7. Place Locking Ring
8. Install Headstock
9. Attach Table Arm like normal (due to reverse fitment, he will lose the angle rotation gauge. Angle will still work but he wont know angle.)
10. Start using the drill press.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.