The attached FAQ document will show how to get into service mode on the Galaxi DVR 1644 lathe.
Service mode will allow access to more parameters and test functions of the lathe. Explanations of the main motor parameters are below.
Note: Usually, the user does not have to worry about motor parameters. They are helpful for when the service center needs to resolve problems with the machine, and the user can these parameters for the service center to resolve problems over the phone. The machine comes pre-configured and there is no need to change these parameters.
- Kint and Kprop - the control gains for motor speed control. Usually these parameters are self adjusting in the software and the user does not need to worry about these numbers. The intelligent motor control software adjust these parameters automatically based on your workpiece and the speed you're running at to optimize the performance. These internal parameters can be overwritten by the user if they wish to achieve a certain performance characteristic but those are only in the very rare cases where users want to do this.
There is a parameter called the "Speed Control" and can be selected from 3 predefined profiles, call "Soft", "Normal" and "Hard". This parameter adjusts the Kprop and Kint automatically, so the user does not need to worry about it.
-Normal: The default profile for Kprop and Kint for general work
-Soft: For small diameter workpieces (e.g. table leg) and light work
-Hard: Profile for large workpieces and large out of balance work. To be used at speeds lower than 500 rpm
- Vkprop/Vkint - voltage control parameters, does not need to be changed
- VdRon / VdRoff - voltage reference for machine on and off, does not need to be changed
- Thtsnk - is the temperature reading on the heatsink on the main board, the controller monitors this and reduces power output to prevent your power circuit from overheating, this is read-out only and can not be changed.
- Treduc - This is the temperature threshold, if the temperature goes beyond this value, it will limit the power output to reduce the heat and protect the circuitry, this parameter should not be changed unless the motor is persistently overheating and an authorized technician advises a change to this parameter.